'Homecoming' Gala Premiere

A handful of bloggers have been invited to attend the 'Homecoming' Gala Premiere Screening cum Post Party @ Gallery Bar... I am one of the handful bloggers to be selected by OMY.sg...

--- Poster of 'Homecoming' ---
~ Baby Jess say cheeze @ 'Homecoming' Gala Premiere - Vivo City ~
I was honoured to be given this chance to witness the Red Carpet of 'Homecoming'. The respond was overwhelming... There was a huge crowd around the stage waiting patiently to greet 'n' meet the casts of 'Homecoming'.
'Homecoming' is collaboration between Malaysia and Singapore with a series of three different families overcoming unexpected obstacles in rushing to get home in time for their reunion dinner on Chinese New Year Eve... This movie is about the significance of going home and the importance of reunion dinner.

Rating 3.5/5
A major highlight of this movie is that of Jack Neo, who will be playing a cross-dressing role on the big screen as Ah Niu's mother - Karen Neo. Despite his extramarital affair, Jack Neo never failed to make us laugh... Seems like his sense of humor is growing. In this movie, he really outshines everybody playing a middle-aged aunty role.

Another local comedian - Mark Lee... He plays a snobbish French cuisine chef. It’s kinda weird to hear him keep saying this word 'fantabulous'.... What is 'fantabulous'??
(I guess this word comes from a funny combination of fantastic and fabulous)

Great chemistry between Jack Neo and Ah Niu... Together with Malaysian multi-talented writer-director-comedian Afdlin Shauki who plays a idiosyncratic taxi driver. The Trio make a perfect comedic scene in the movie... I am simply impressed by the Afdlin Shauki's acting in the movie.

A pretty good movie to me, and the core message to us is the importance of the CNY celebration and the traditions. 'Homecoming' is not just a tailor-made movie for this Chinese New Year, in fact it is a movie for all...

I had the pleasure of watching the preview screening all thanks to OMY.sg. The premiere date is on the 3/February 2011
-----------------------------------------------------
To mark the end of the Gala Premiere, we were invited to the post-party @ Gallery Bar... A chance for us to get up close and personal with the casts!
Fans and media people & bloggers were waiting for the casts to arrive at the bar...
What I do to buffer the waiting time... I cam-whoring :) ~ This is my Baby... Say 'Cheeze' with me ~
Baby is not a chinese-speaking person whom can't really understand some chinese characters or the meaning of the words used... Somehow rather, I managed to bring him closer to chinese traditions and of course movies, songs and even attend Asian Stars' concerts.
~ I love this pix to the bitz, taken by my Baby... Muaks! ~

~ Selamat Datang ~ Casts of 'Homecoming'.
Jack Neo who bears the same birthday as me... I invited him to take a photo with me. Feel so honored to stand beside our home-grown director, Jack Neo.
-------------------------------------------
Thanks once again for the invitation! I had a fun-filled post party...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA