Formula One Singtel Singapore Grand Prix 2012

The Singapore Grand Prix is a world championship motor race for Formula One cars. It was during the inaugural Singapore F1 night race in 2008 and my favorite driver, Fernando Alonso won the first edition of the grand prix driving for the Renault F1 team. Singapore Grand Prix will remain on the F1 calendar through at least 2017, after race organizers signed a contract extension in 2012, and an agreement was reached for a 5-year deal signed by SINGAPORE GP PTE LTD.
 
I have a love-hate feeling towards Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix. I work in Suntec City due to this nationwide event, with some affected areas will be closed and many road routes diversion, thus it leads to massive traffic jams and it causes a lot of inconvenience to me when I go to work every morning, but on the other I feel proud that my country has been holding this grand event for the past 5 years and the coming next 5 years

 
Upon reaching the Formula 1 restricting area, I put on the F1 Tag and joined the queue for entry, and there was a compulsory bag check too…
 
 
Once I have done the clearance, I headed to the Padang Grandstand as per what my lanyard say... Thanks Singtel (:

 
As Sweetie and I were walking towards the Padang Grandstand, we passed by F1 village (carnival), we saw the exhibition for antique cars.
 

Many people took photos of the vintage cars, they looked pretty unique...

 
Singtel is the key sponsor of the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix.
 
 
 
The banner showed the concert performances were be held over the 3-day of the F1 race. 

 
 
The Padang Grandstand offers a great view of the cars exiting Turn 9 and it was just a milestone away from the concert stage…


We were just in time to catch the Formula One practice segment. I didn't take a lot of pictures in the circuit practice as the motor car was simply too fast for my shutter.  
 
 
 
It looked so blur when the photo was taken… *boo*
 


F.I.N.A.L.L.Y, I managed to capture 1 decent picture...


After the practice, we went to the concert stage area to take some photos before the concert performance began.
 
 
We were surprised by the gigantic puppet at the premises...


 
I took a photo against the photo-wall…


We were pretty excited for another main highlight of F1 race, the outdoor concert with the international artistes - Bananarama.
 
 
OMG!! I love them so much… They sung my favorite 3 songs, ‘Love in the first degree’, ‘I heard a rumor’ and ‘I want you back’. I was on cloud nine as I danced away while singing along when the songs were being played.
 
 
After the concert, we returned back to the circuit for the qualifying round. And after an hour of the circuit race, Lewis Hamilton, McLaren-Mercedes came in first position for the qualifying round.  

Maroon 5 was next after the qualifying round (buffer-time: an hour)… It was the wildest night indeed, and I hope to see more concert performances next year…
It was an awesome Saturday night fever at the 2012 Formula 1. It was a wonderful experience to be present at the circuit race to feel the atmosphere, and no doubt the temperature is kind of hot due to the high beam of lights and the loud vroom engine sounds from the motor cars, but it was all worthwhile, the feeling of my joy is simply indescribable.
Way to go!! Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix!! See you in 2013.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA