Movie date with Les Misérables

I watched Les Misérables, the most-raved musical play in the globe. The close-ups give this film an intimacy that is unattainable on the Broadway stage. If you’re a fan of Les Misérables or musicals in general just like me, then you’re in for a treat.

--- Posters of Les Misérables ---
 


The film tells the story of Jean Valjean (starring Hugh Jackman), a former prisoner who becomes mayor of a town in France. Valjean agrees to take care of Cosette (played by Amanda Seyfried), the illegitimate daughter of Fantine (starring Anne Hathaway), and must avoid being captured again by Javert (played by Russell Crowe), a police inspector.

 
Russell Crowe is pretty weak in the movie, though he is a good actor and I think he does his best with this role, but his opera voice is jarringly different from the rest. Nevertheless, Russell Crowe’s robotic singing voice works pretty well for his character. Marius’s (starring Eddie Redmayne) singing brought me to tears. Everyone did a splendid job as a whole.

Hugh Jackman is absolutely incredible as Jean Valjean and Anne Hathaway is magnificent in her role as Fantine. The acting choices were excellent and subtle.
 
 
 Les Misérables is an amazing film. Right from the start, it captures every viewer’s heart. Kudos to everyone who is involved in this movie! Les Misérables is wonderful masterpiece and is certainly one of the best films I have ever watched.
5/5
The story was written incredibly powerful and was delivered beautifully that made me cried multiple times. I was dehydrated from my tears by the end of the film. Every scene keep the emotions high and I find my tears literally in a free-fall mode without me knowing why.
 
I had watched the musical play at Queen's Theatre located at Shaftesbury Avenue in London in November 2011. Read more here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA