Time for Jess Baby's corner...

Jess Baby loves weekends!!

 
I visited The Animal Resort again on a random weekend...


 
As usual, peacocks and rabbits are in the farm, but this time, I saw some geese and a horse...




 
 
I got up close and personal with the parrot which listens to her owner's commands like hug hug and kiss kiss, and that was so funny and interesting.

 
I love the experience to interact with the animals at close distance, and it has been a great day for me with the animals and wildlife.

 
This was my first time to New Soon Huat Bak Kut, and as per the newspaper article at the shop, it says the owner of this eatery was an ex-convict who set up this eatery place, and most of the workers are ex-convicts and former drug addicts who are given a second chance at life.

 
Located along the stretch of the famous Jalan Kayu Roti Prata, it is pretty popular among youngsters. Do avoid peak hours as the whole eatery gets really crowded during meal hours.

 
The Bak Kut Teh is simmered well with herbs and garlic, and it is very affordable. The pork ribs are very tender and are cooked to perfection.
 
The herbal soup not only consists of pork ribs, but is served their Signature Bak Kut Teh with a mixture of Pork Intestines, Golden Mushroom, liver and Tofu Skin.

 
We ordered two side dishes to go along with our meal, Tau Pok and Xian Cai, the side dishes tasted pretty good and they are not pricey at all.  

 
We left the eatery place feeling contented, and the service is generally good and efficient. I will come back for the Dry Version Bak Kut Teh and Ginger Sesame Chicken. The damage is pleasant as it only cost us SGD18. One bonus thing is that all prices stated on the menu are in nett price as there is no GST or service charge at all.
 
Signature Bak Kut Teh that is served at New Soon Huat Bak Kut Teh is pretty good and value for money but the standard is yet on-par with those Klang Bak Kut Teh or even the peppery-type like Song Fa or Outram Ya Hua.
 
 
I came across this very nice slogan on the packaging of the whitener detergent while browsing in a random supermarket… SHOUTOUT for my Baby: I CARE ABOUT YOU BABY

 
Cze Char goodness again at Two Chefs Eating Place which is located at Commonwealth Crescent. I discovered that Commonweath Drive and Commonwealth Cresent areas have quite a numbers of Cze Char stalls...
 
The Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs tasted pretty alright for me but somehow, I kinda prefer the one which is served at Lee Heng Restaurant instead.
 
 
We had Spinach with Trio Eggs, though it is a common dish but it tasted good. I personally find it pretty healthy as there is not much oil used in this dish.

 
Beancurd with Golden Mushroom was the clincher of the dinner for me, and it is served in piping hot tasty sauce. The tasty gravy goes very well with the white rice.

Two Chefs Eating Place serves up reasonably priced good food. I will be coming back again to either Two Chefs Eating Place or Lee Heng Restaurant for more specialty Cze Char dishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA