Jess Baby loves weekends....

I love chilling out with my favorite dessert wine, Moscato regardless anywhere or anytime of the day... I picked up this pretty cheap and decent-looking Moscato from one of the supermarkets at Causeway Bay during my recent trip to Hong Kong. I think it cost me SGD10 or less...
 
 
Baby's mommy made some Macadamia Nuts Cookies with Cranberry and Raisins, so Baby packed some of these home-made cookies for our chill-out indulgence...

 
The cookies tasted fabulous and I want more but the other side of me is telling me to control, as I am watching my weight... Hahaha!!
 
 
 Can you guess where did we go for our chill out session? Oh well, not a fancy place in fact is a notorious place back in the olden days... Yes, we went to Punggol Beach, and it was the site the Japanese massacred the Chinese civilians during the Second World War in 1942.  
 
 
  It was chaotic in the past and now it is a peaceful land now... We experienced the quiet life, freedom and feeling of nature while drinking our wines and eating the cookies...

 
This is my first time visiting Marina Country Club, and this club is very different as compared to other country clubs, as you do not have to pay a huge bundle sum of money to enjoy the country club facilities and amenities, but in fact, you only pay for what you use, and that is so simple and hassle-free.

 
Marina Country Club is a place where you can relax, unwind, chill out, wakeboard or simply gather a company of friends to relish the seafood and BBQ Grills…

 
I was greeted by the jet–ski upon entering the premises… OM!! I miss jet-skiing!! I had my first jet skiing in Phuket way back in 1997 and the last time was in Bali in 2003. I want to do it soon...

  
Ponggol Seafood (Old Ponggol Hock Kee) is located at Marina Country Club (MCC), and they are the first Seafood Restaurant in Singapore. Ponggol Seafood was a runner-up in Best Chilli Crab in 2008 for Time-Out Singapore.
 
 
Upon entering the restaurant, it is like going back to the olden days of Singapore... There is no air-conditioning. The feeling is nostalgic and it is good to reminisce your childhood (care-free) days. I took a nice view from the restaurant.
 
 
We had the famous Mee Goreng, and it was pretty small in serving. Though the serving was small, but enough for two people. There were only 2 prawns and they were not big too. However, the Mee Goreng was boosted with a wonderful aroma and tasted with a satisfaction. I love it loads!!

 
The Chilli Crab came in thick and rich egg gravy, and it could be better with a little more chilli for my spicy kick. The crab was meaty and it tasted sweet and tender, and this is the proven sign that the crab was very fresh... OM! I am being blessed with yummy food... 

 
The service was pretty efficient and the damage was SGD69-ish, and the trip down to Ponggol Seafood (Old Ponggol Hock Kee) via Marina Country Club is worthwhile and nostalgia. 

 
It has been a super long time since I lasted visited Xin Wang with Baby, so we went to go to one of the eatery branches for our lunch which we decided on the outlet located at Holland Village. 
 
 
 
Baby had Chicken and Mushroom Rice for his lunch, and it was served in a small wooden-bamboo tube bowl...

 
I had my all-time favorite entree, Mee Hoon with Luncheon Meat and Hard Boiled Egg in Papaya Soup in Xin Wang, which I will never fail ordering whenever I visited this eatery place. The soup tasted awesome and it is pretty light for a meal too...
 
 
Baby loves greenies, so we shared a plate of Minced Kai Lan with Silver Fish. It was really a healthy dish as there wasn't any trace of oil spotted on the plate... 
 
 
The damage was SGD39-ish, we ended our meal with refreshing Lime Juice as the weather lately in Singapore is scorching hot...
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA