[Vacation] My 2nd road-trip to Melaka

My 2D1N short retreat to Melaka was fruitful, as Melaka (Malay name for Malacca) is a port city with full of unique history.


We went on a road trip to Melaka, and we drove down from Singapore via Tuas Checkpoint (second link). We stopped by Yong Peng for brekkie, and we had Yong Tau Foo at Jin Du Restaurant. I love the chewy Hock Chew fish balls with meat fillings... My brekkie went well with the home-made chili paste...


We continued our journey after our meal, and we finally reached the rich historical and cultural city centre that was listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in July 2008. It took us about a 3-hour-ish drive to reach Melaka (including buffering like custom checks, slight traffic jam and resting for brekkie in Yong Peng) 


As we planned to stay a night in Melaka on the New Year's Eve (NYE 31 Dec 2013), therefore reservations are a MUST... We booked a Standard/Superior room at Bayview Hotel with complimentary breakfast at the Palette Cafe and we got upgraded to a Deluxe room with no extra surcharge and our room is on the highest level of the hotel.


Upon entering the room, it was perfect and spacious. Bayview Hotel is located at Jalan Bendahara which is about 10-15mins walk to Jonker Walk and Dataran Quayside... Oh well, it only took us a less than 5-8 minutes to drive down lol!!  



After checking-in, we left our belongings in the room, and we headed down to Jonker Walk for some light bites. We settled at a small shop which sells Wanton Mee so we decided to try it. OMFG!! It tasted awful and it simply felt that I have wasted my calories for it...


To compensate for it, we decided to go for some ‘Chendol’ at Jonker88, and to our horror, the queue was horrendous... 



Jonker88 is a famous for its ‘Chendol’ which located at Jonker Street next to the Jonker Walk World Heritage Park. 


After our desserts, we took a picture with the statue of The Father of Bodybuilders in Malaysia which is situated the Jonker Walk World Heritage Park


Snapping pictures while strolling at Jonker Walk...



Famosa Chicken Rice Ball is a huge restaurant with very slow service, and the food quality is not up to standard at all. To me, it is a tourist trap for those who come to Melaka to seek for Chicken rice Balls...


The Chop Chung Wah Chicken Rice which is located at the entrance of Jonker Walk offers authentic and delicious Chicken Rice Balls... The queue started to form as early as 9-ish in the morning and the image below shows the long queue around 11-ish. 


Baby and I spotted an artistic exterior of a cafe, and I couldn't resist myself to take a photo against it... Baby and I fix this place as our NYE’s dinner mini quality-time celebration... 



I went to the Mamee Jonker House which literally called as Mamee Museum, and I took a photo at the entrance...



Upon entering the premises, I was greeted by the huge cup noodles...

  

 I took some photos of the merchandises too...


I was surprised to come across the Hello kitty Theme's Dessert at Jonker Walk, and I will pay a visit during my next visit to Melaka again then... 



Ending my post with a selfie in front of the Hello Kitty Theme's Home Sweet Home!! Baby said: 'Next time, we try here then', and I replied: 'Why not!! Hahaha...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA