Gala Night of My Fair Lady

I attended the Gala Night of My Fair Lady, and I was very much looking forward to this ‘perfect musical’ with beautiful music and exquisite costumes.


The latest musical, My Fair Lady transforms the MasterCard Theatres at Marina Bay Sands to 1912 London in this Broadway Classic, in which the classic 1964 Audrey Hepburn movie was based. They will be performing in Singapore on February 11 for a limited season. Tickets are now on sale.


The show was first opened on Broadway in 1956, and went on to win 6 TONY Awards, and became the longest-running production in Broadway history at that time.


Based on George Bernard Shaw’s 1912 play Pygmalion, My Fair Lady brought us to Edwardian London and is one of the most beautiful stories ever told about language and clash of cultures. It follows the relationship between Eliza Doolittle, a Cockney flower girl, and the snobbish and misogynistic Professor Henry Higgins, a phoneticist, who wagers that he can turn Eliza Doolittle into a “proper lady’ in three months’ time.

Henry Higgins made a bet with Pickering that he can accomplish his three-month miracle to turn Eliza Doolittle into a proper lady, simply by teaching her proper English. The next morning, face and hands freshly scrubbed, Eliza Doolittle presents herself on Higgins' doorstep, offering to pay him to teach her to be a lady.


AURORA FLORENCE (played by Eliza Doolittle) is also a singer/songwriter recently releasing her debut album, Its Wonderful.  


 My Fair Lady is more than just the story of street girl, Eliza Doolittle turned into a woman of the upper-class. As a musical, it features some of the most beautiful and wonderful songs that have ever hit the stage and screen.







I was enchanted by the tale of triumph of the human spirit, as well as the love story that emerges between two unlikely heroes, ultimately joined together by their fascination with the English language. 


My Fair Lady is a story based on the love for the English language and the clash of cultures as we witnessed the unraveling of romance between this unlikely pair (Eliza Doolittle and Henry Higgins). My Fair Lady is a fun and enchanting musical that will warm the hearts of everyone. It is a musical that inspires everyone with the memorable tunes, exquisite costumes and of course the unforgettable storyline.


To me, the most powerful song in the musical is ‘Without You’ where Eliza Doolittle tells Henry Higgins the world will do quite nicely without him in it. After Eliza Doolittle’s departure, Henry Higgins realises how much he misses her and I enjoyed the lyrics of ‘I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face’


My Fair Lady is not just a musical. It's a masterpiece of art that everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime. My Fair Lady is an unforgettable experience with beautiful music and exquisite costumes that will remind theatre-goers as to why musical theatre was born.



I had the pleasure to attend the Gala Night of My Fair Lady all thanks to BASE Entertainment Asia, and lastly don’t miss out the chance to discover life’s valuable morals that are brought to light through this incredible performance. I truly enjoyed the musical and fully mesmerized by the romance, courage and determination portrayed by these characters in the show.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA