Gala Opening Night of Disney's Beauty and the Beast

I was happy to be invited to the Gala Opening Night of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, and I made my way to MasterCard Theatres, Marina Bay Sands.

 
  
 
This musical is based on the Academy-Award winning animated feature film, Disney's Beauty and the Beast from 1991. It tells the story of Belle, a beautiful and intelligent young lady who attempts to save her father, who is imprisoned in a mysterious castle by a fearsome and gruesome beast who was once a prince that was cursed by an enchantress. The only way to become human again is that he must learn how to love and be loved in return. His time is running out, as he has a time limit in the form of a magical rose, and once all its petals wilt and fall off, he will be doomed to remain as a beast forever.
 
 

 
 Disney's Beauty and the Beast was the first Disney animated feature film to be turned into Broadway Musical.
 
 
  Gaston has good vocals but I was turned off by his actions on stage as a chauvinistic village brute and he loves to brag about himself in front of Belle.
 
 
'Be our Guest' bears a catchy tune that followed me around in my head. This song sends out a message to enter the world of fairy tales and magic!
 
 
My favorite scene is when Hilary Maiberger as Belle sings 'A change in me'. Her voice is brilliant and in a clarity pure tone!
 
 
Disney magic is so strong that it never grows old and brings out the kid in every one of us!
 
 
The play ended with a happily-ever-after ending which made me hum along to the musical score even after the curtains fell and the show was over. I love the story of Disney's Beauty and the Beast as it was a heart-warming musical experience. I had the pleasure to watch this performance all thanks to Base Entertainment Asia, and I enjoyed this magical love story of Disney's Classic, as it was a pleasant visual feast indeed!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA