[United States hoilday] Easter celebration in NY + Central Park

It has been a week since I came back from my United States trip, and before I blog about my full New York experience, I want to start off my travel post blog on my first experience of Easter celebration in NY, which was held at Fifth Avenue Street.
 In Singapore, Easter is more of a normal Sunday, as our holiday sentiment is more focused on Good Friday, as it is a PH.



However, when I was in NY, I was surprised that many New Yorkers were preparing themselves for this occasion. Be it heading to church or heading down to Times Square for the Easter Parade, there is always something for everyone to celebrate Easter, and to immerse oneself in the wonderful time at the parade.

Baby and I were so happy to be part of the Easter Bonnet Festival which took place along the legendary Fifth Avenue from 49th-57th streets. We made our way there by foot from our hotel which is located at 32nd street.



We walked over to 23rd street to have our brekkie as we checked out the renowned famous 3D architecture, Flatiron Building.





We also walked past by Madison Square Park. Although it is Spring in NY now, but when we were there, the temperature was still very cold, and even went as low as 3 degree Celsius one day!.    







As we made our way to Fifth Avenue for the Easter Parade after our breakfast, (Note: Fifth Avenue is pretty near to Times Square) I stopped by to take a day photo of it. Times Square really does look different at night. (Do check out my blog soon for the nightlife in Times Square and Broadway).



The area along Fifth Avenue is closed to vehicular traffic and folks like us can wander around the street admiring various Easter bonnets and Easter outfits.


Fifth Avenue is considered among the most expensive and best shopping streets in the world.



Upon reaching, there were some kind souls who hand-made their Easter bonnets and distributed them to all the people there, so as to ensure everybody was in the mood for the Easter Parade. Here we are in our colorful Easter bonnets, and thanks so much for the generous distribution, whoever you are who made the hats!


We saw many colorful and remarkable hand-crafted hats at the annual New York City Easter Parade and Easter Bonnet Festival.







 









We spotted some entertainers and street buskers at the parade too.




New York's Easter Parade is an informal procession on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue in which the public can display their Easter finery. It is a joyous street party where New Yorkers come together in colorful costumes to celebrate Springtime, and is definitely a worth a visit.


After the street party, we walked to Central Park, it is the most visited urban park in the United States and as well as one of the most filmed locations in the world.




I took some photos at Central Park.









I shall end my post by leaving my footprints at Strawberry Fields which is dedicated to the memory of former Beatle John Lennon. We miss you, John Lennon! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA