[United States holiday] A day trip to Hoboken, New Jersey

Times flies so fast, and it has been a month since I came back from my New York holiday. Every time I go through my wonderful photos which I took during my trip, they seem just like yester-day. I am happy to be able to fulfill my dreams to visiting and being in NYC, and to experience and see familiar footage and scenes from movies and dramas that have thrilled and excited me throughout my life. [I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE NY!]
 
In this post, I will bring you guys to New Jersey, NJ which I went to visit, apart from my stay in New York, NY. I was surprised that it was as easy as ABC to get there. I took the PATH (Port Authority Trans-Hudson) rapid transit to Hoboken. the PATH trains run 24/7 and it is run by Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
 
 
I really love the location of Avalon Hotel as it is pretty easy to access to anywhere in Manhattan and even going to Brooklyn is simple too. To my surprise, the PATH train station is located within walking distance from my hotel and the walking distance is about 5mins. All in all, the journey to New Jersey, Hoboken, took about 20 minutes.
 


 Hoboken is a small unique vibrant town in New Jersey, and it was voted Best Downtown in Northern New Jersey and #1 most Walk-able City in the country.





Hoboken is the birthplace of Frank Sinatra and also the home of TLC Network's top rated 'The Cake Boss'. Affordable village shopping, restaurants and cafes were available in the town too.


I spotted a NJ transit bus, and was told that Hoboken is also ranked #1 City in public transportation use.


We had our brekkie in Hoboken, and we settled at Rosticeria Da Gigi. It is a small food joint that can accommodate not more than 20 people. It was a nice place to grab a quick bite, nothing fanciful, but they served comfort food and had a cozy setting.








We had a hearty morning meal, and the damage was pretty decent. We then headed down for more photo-taking session in the Hoboken town.  






 




 We paid our respects at the Hoboken World War II Memorial, and while doing so, it was very cold in New Jersey as the temperature was around 3C!!! We were practically freezing and trying very hard to keep ourselves warm on the pier where the memorial was located, and against the chilling wind blowing from the Hudson River, we had a difficult time! 



We walked over to the spectacular Waterfront with awesome views of Manhattan and New York Harbour.






We end our day in Hoboken with a nice meal at Loradella's Family Pizzeria which was located at River Dr S. Our meal started off with a plate of salad each. 



I love my Aglio Olio Pasta, and it tasted so good although olive oil, garlic bits and chilli flakes were the only seasoning used for this tasty pasta. Baby had Meatballs Spaghetti (tomato base).

We left Hoboken and took the PATH train to Journal Square for some grocery shopping, and I got some pet food from their local hypermarket before heading back to Manhattan.

Hoboken is a peaceful town, and in this town, I saw beautiful scenery and the people were very friendly and they will stop by and say hello to us or even talk to us. Nice experience indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA