[run event] Great Eastern Women's Run 2015

I am one of the 17,000 women who participated in this year's Great Eastern Women's Run (GEWR) which was held on the 1st of November 2015. This year was special as it broke the record for the largest number of female participants to gather together for an all-women run in Asia.

Photo credits to Great Eastern Women's Run 2015.

This year, Great Eastern Women's Run (GEWR) celebrated their 10th Anniversary, and not only were they just promoting healthy living, but this year's run also for a good social cause, as proceeds from the runners and Great Eastern contributed a substantial amount for charity.



Photo credits to Great Eastern Women's Run 2015.

For the very first time, participants donned colorful tutus in a myriad of hues ranging from pink, blue, purple and yellow, in support of three unique women, as well as children related charities. Apart from the 3 main race categories - 5KM, 10KM and 21.1KM half marathon, there was also a Princess 100-metre Dash. These little girls looked super adorable running with their tutus. 


I got the purple tutu and I love its simplicity, as it allow me to decorate it with my own design and embellishments.


I love my tutu very much, and I took a picture of me wearing the final completed and decorated tutu!


Jasmine and I met up Tracy by chance at the baggage deposit counter while waiting to collect our VIP stickers. After collection, we made our way to the Singapore Flyer, where the starting point was.


This was my third year with Great Eastern Women's Run (GEWR), and I developed my passion for running after taking part in my first run way back in 2013. Since that I have adopted a healthier lifestyle and begun to take care of my well-being too. I am glad that my decision to begin my first race back then has motivated me to take part in more races!


It took me less than 35mins to finish my 5KM, and I felt it was easier and less tiring as per previous runs! Perhaps, my body has got fitter and used to 5KM run! LOL!


We were awarded with a gold finisher medal for completing the run within time-frame allocated. We posed a photo together by biting our beautiful GOLD MEDALS. What a CRUNCH!  


The race village was crowded and we were glad to have the access to the VIP tent where we can beat the crowd by resting and relaxing in comfort after our run. We were treated with muffins, hotdogs, bananas and plenty of drinks by Ice Mountain and 100plus.


We took a mandatory photo with our hard-earned medals. Thanks Great Eastern and SPRG for having me and I look forward to more exciting runs in the near future.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA