[Sunday outing] Durian Day Trip

A Day's trip to Segamat for a 'Durian' Tour with my parents! Baby joined us too, and we boarded the coach at 615am on a Sunday morning. The tour was organised by Kolam Ayer RC and Boon Keng Travel, and the tour fee included all 3 meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner). We spent an hour plus waiting on both customs clearance.
 
The coach brought us to Skudai for a brekkie fix. We had a stop at one of the famous eateries in JB, Restoran Yong Xin Abalone Kway Teow Soup. The broth was savory light and sweet. The bowl of Kway Teow Soup consisted of a good mix of seafood and meat ingredients. If you enjoy having a breakfast consisting a dish with light clear soup with fresh ingredients, then Yong Xin's Kway Teow Soup just might be the option for you!

 
Our coach then headed to Segamat, and arrived around lunch time for the main focus of the tour. Many of our tour mates were excited for the Durian Feast that awaited us! I was glad the organizers were also considerate enough to prepare Fried Bee Hoon and Curry Vegetables at the premises too, in addition to the Durians!

 
I have a very neutral relationship with Durian, as I neither hate, nor do I love the King of Fruits. I only took 1-2 seeds for a taste, and filled my stomach with the bee hoon instead.


 
The tour included a shopping stop at Bukit Indah, and I picked up a grey pullover sweater at RM30.

 
We had an early dinner at 5pm at Chef Wah, it is a Chinese (Cze Char) restaurant which is located at Taman Nusa Bestari, JB. Among all the dishes served, I enjoyed the Indonesian Shrimp Pot and Nonya Steamed Fish very much.


 
The food was pretty decent with hits and misses, and we ended our tour after a delightful dinner. We were glad that the custom clearances were pleasant and smooth. Baby enjoyed himself very much, and he wanted to go join in on the next 'Durian Tour' whenever possible!

 
I ended my post with an appreciation token from Emirates and Singapore Turf Club. Thanks ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA