Safari Zoo Run 2017

The Safari Zoo Run (SZR) is dedicated to the memory of Ah Meng, the zoo's iconic Orangutan who died of old age in February 2008. This year's SZR is in support of wildlife conservation and in the hopes of garnering more funding support for the stated endangered species.

Protecting the wildlife is our mission ; Run for the wildlife!
 

I've heard about this fun run a few years back, and this year, I was so happy to be given a chance to join in the fun. Both Baby and I opted for the 5.5KM Family Fun Run.


Upon receiving the email from the organisation to pick up the race pack at Marina Square, Baby and I made our way there on Saturday to do our collection. The race pack collection on Saturday was pretty smooth and there were many parents signing up together with their children, as this is a good start to relay a message to kids on the importance of regular exercising and to stay healthy always. 


Last week, I woke up early in the morning to participate in the annual Safari Zoo Run 2017 at the Singapore Mandai Zoo.




I was in Team Chawang while Baby was with Team AhMeng! 






Unlike other previous runs, I got a whole new experience at the Safari Zoo Run, as I ran in the compounds of the Singapore Zoo itself! I immersed myself in these special moments with the animals as I slowed down my pace or paused to take photos of them! 





Participants of the Safari Zoo Run were entitled to a complimentary access to both the Singapore Zoo and the River Safari. 


I absolutely love the finisher medal, and I am glad to add this to my race medal collection. Apart from the medal, this event also offered family bonding and quality time spent together! 



I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to HiVelocity Events for having me in the race. If you missed the chance to participate in the Safari Zoo Run this year, fret not, as there's always next year. Do ensure that you take the chance to explore the Zoo and the River Safari with your family and loved ones. 

  

Here are some tips on how to enjoy your Safari Zoo Run, and I hope they will help you to prepare for the Safari Zoo Run 2018!


Go early if you are driving as parking is limited! 

Do bring along some snacks and drinking water with you although eateries and convenient stores are available at the premises.

Do bring along your smartphones (if cameras are too bulky) to capture some special moments with the animals during the run.

Lastly, use your running bib to enter the Zoo and River Safari for free during the race day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA