[random] A day out to Batam + Tung Lok Tea-House

On a random Saturday, I brought my parents for a Day's outing to Batam, Indonesia. My mummy loves the facial cleansing milk and medical/health products from Indonesia, and most of the time, I am the one helping her to stock up on these products. As usual, we took a morning ferry to Batam Centre, and the journey was about an hour.

 
We went straight to the Mega Mall Batam centre after clearing the customs. I brought them to my favorite eatery place, Es Teller 77 for lunch, and we had Mie Ayam Pedas and I had my all-time favorite drink, Teh Botol. After that, We went shopping and I bought a blouse and a pair of velcro white shoes at a total of IDR464,000.


 
I also picked up 2 beauty fix items from the hypermarket. I paid merely SGD3 for the Hair supplements from Lucido-L after reduction from the In-house discount!. I got myself a BB Cream from SKIN AQUA at SGD6. 
 


 
We went for a light snack at Pempek Kolecta before heading back to Singapore. We had Signature Tekwan (Fish Cake Ball Soup) and the famous Pempek Campur too! I am glad that my parents enjoyed their short trip to Batam! 
 
 
I asked Sweetie out for an after work dinner date on a weekday and we met up with each other at Ramen Champion which is located at Bugis+. We both ordered our ramen from Buta God. Here's just a short introduction on them: Buta God won the 2013's Ramen Champion and they are specialize in Pork Ramen! 
 
I love the combination of marinated Pork Belly slices and poached egg, as it complemented the sweet tonkotsu broth perfectly. The broth increased its richness once the poached egg is broken and then stirred in. The Pork Belly slices were tender and portions were generous too. I am happy to hear that she enjoyed the ramen as much as I do! 

 
Sunday Dim Sum brunch as usual with Baby and Auntie Vi, and this time we went to Tung Lok Tea-House at Novena Square. We ordered the Signature Rice Roll, and it tasted pretty good. It was one of my favorite items out of the eatery that we have ordered!

 
The Pan Fried Turnip Cake was amazing too, as it was not as oily as compared to other eatery places. I love the crispiness on the outside, and was impressed with the generous amount of Radish in the cake! 

 
Har Gaw 

 
Truffles Siew Mai with Quail Egg

 
BBQ Pork Bun

 
I loved the tasty Braised Chicken Feet very much, and it was really value for money as it only cost SGD1.80 per plate! 

 
We had Steamed Pork Spare Ribs, and it tasted pretty decent. However, it was lacking my favorite ingredient, 'yam'! 

 
The Deep Fried Beancurd Skin with Prawn is a classic dim sum item that will never go wrong! The damage was SGD53. Thanks Baby for the weekend brunch treat! 

 
Lastly, I end my post with Auntie Vi's Home-made Strawberry Cheesecake. I love the presentation and it tasted good too! It is a great dessert to end my Sunday, and to give the courage to brace myself for another brand new week... Oh dear, Monday is coming again sob... 
 
Thanks for stopping by my humble space! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA