[part 2] Short trip to Tokyo

This was my 5th time to Tokyo, and by now I am pretty familiar with the city, and know exactly what to do every time I return. As usual, Baby topped up the value for my Suica Card that allowed me to travel around Tokyo for the next 3 days. The weather in May was wonderful, as it was cooling at a temperature of 16-17C-ish. On this trip, I skipped visiting my usual haunts of Tokyo, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Harajuku. However, I still visited 2 favorites which were Nakano and Asagaya.




Upon reaching Nakano Sun Mall, we spotted some cute Koala Maruyaki at Lotteria. We decided to taste them, as these cute eats were on for a limited period, and it seems the Nakano Sun Mall outlet was the only one having these on offer! There was a slight queue at the ordering counter, and each piece retailed at the price of 150 Yen! We picked up 2 pieces with azuki filling, and it tasted as good as it looked! 





We left Nakano after we had our lunch at our favorite Ramen joint. This eatery place is one of our favorite food haunts in Tokyo! 


We headed down to Asagaya next, but unfortunately I didn't manage to get a single thing from this visit. I guess this place is more lively during the summer matsuri festive period, as it was a bit quieter than what I remembered. I took some random photos of the surroundings and left the place.




We made our way to Tokyo JR Station to another favorite food joint of ours for dinner, and we had Oyaki Don. It tasted yummy, and I can trade any meal in Tokyo for this bowl of goodness! 



After we were done with our meal, we walked around the station for more shopping and photo opportunities. There are many shops located within the Tokyo JR Station. We went to the Pokémon Centre which is located in the station itself, and it is definitely a place worth a visit for all Pokémon fans!



I went to the Rilakkuma Store too! 


Lastly, we spotted a pop-up store at the station which featured the popular Nintendo character Kirby, and the theme was on Pupupu Trains!



We spent the most time and money at this pop-up store, as the store set up many photo opportunities corners for Kirby fans to leave their memories and footprints at their limited period pop-up store! We took many random photos before heading for more serious shopping.






The pop-up store offered many adorable and Limited Edition Kirby's premiums.





I got a car sticker for our Forrester, and I also picked up the Kirby key-ring and a plush bag charm. 


  

 


Since we had a short time in Tokyo, we decided to head down to Roppongi for some supper and shopping fix. I got some Japanese beauty-care products and snacks from Don Quijote (Donki) before settling down at Sushi Zanmai for our sushi fix. We had a satisfying meal and good time in Tokyo. 







As everybody knows good times always flies faster than we realise, and We had come to the last day in Tokyo. Since our flight was in the evening, we walked down to Tsukiji Fish Market from our hotel. I picked up some dry scallops as per Mommy's request.










After that, we walked down to Ginza for brunch, and we settled ourselves at Yoshinoya. I had my all-time favorite Unagi Don while Baby had a Beef Bowl.



We walked back to hotel to do some last minute packing before leaving for the airport. 



We had our late lunch at Narita Airport before boarding the plane. 



It has been half a year since I came back from Tokyo, and I can't help finding myself missing Japan while writing this blog post. Well I guess it is time to plan another holiday to Japan soon. Till we meet again, JAPAN! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview screening of Planes

[Nights with Netflix] Screening of Next Gen

[product review] KUNDAL HONEY & MACADAMIA